Santa Cruz Triathlon Training Program
Welcome to the Golden Gate Triathlon Club’s 13th Tri & Give Season! GGTC and TRIMORE Fitness would like to help you achieve completing a triathlon while simultaneously helping the community!
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
If you have questions that need to be answered, please email the GGTC: Contact Us
Tri and Give (TAG) will energize your daily routine and train you to be a triathlete. We’re looking for ordinary people ready to experience an extraordinary event. YOU will be training for the 31st Annual Santa Cruz Triathlon, Sunday, September 29, 2013. You will swim .93 miles (1.5K), bike 24.8 miles (40K), and run 6.2 miles (10K). When you cross the finish line, the feeling of triumph is an adrenaline rush beyond compare, with bragging rights to match.
Neil Fraser, our TAG coach and accomplished triathlete himself, will head up this ten-week training program along with his terrific coaching staff from TRIMORE Fitness. This program is designed specifically to fit your level of fitness and ability. The Golden Gate Triathlon Club will provide you with experienced volunteers and membership in the club voted “Best of the Bay” three years running!
A portion of the program’s fee, minus some administrative costs, will be donated to a local charity. GGTC’s 2013 beneficiary is Trips for Kids-Marin. Thanks to GGTC members, coaches, and participants, we have raised over $95,000 and shared our passion of triathlon and sports with others in our community.
10-Week TAG Training will Include:
- Three coached group workouts per week (Monday, Wednesday and Sunday)
- Learn techniques to safely and effectively improve your swimming, strengthen your biking and add speed to your running
- Clinics that will cover everything you ever wanted to know about triathlons but were afraid to ask
- Additional e-mail support to fuel your passion, encourage your commitment and answer any questions
- Equipment overview, evaluation and recommendations
- Weekly training programs emailed to you detailing every phase of your training
- Travel, Train and Race with the TAG TEAM
The ten-week program will begin Sunday, July 21, 2013 and run through race day on Sunday, September 29,2013.
Individuals will be responsible for purchasing their own equipment (we can help show you the options), and purchasing your race slot.
Sign up for the race by registering here Don’t delay. We recommend you sign up early as the race has been known to sell out!